[sci.math] Meyer's recantation from relevance

jack@cs.hw.ac.uk (Jack Campin) (02/24/88)

I believe Robert K. Meyer has recently published a paper called "Why I am
no longer a relevantist", or something to that effect. Does anyone know
where to find it? Is he on the net?

GRIPE OF THE WEEK: logicians are always the fittest people in philosophy,
maths or computer science departments from all the running up and down library
stairs they do trying to find their books and journals (for the first time, I
find myself in a university that at least has it all in the same building).
And this gets replicated in the Usenet newsgroup structure. Does anyone else
want a newsgroup devoted to logic? If so, let me know by email. This isn't
yet a formal proposal, just a bit of market research.
--
ARPA: jack%cs.glasgow.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
JANET:jack@uk.ac.glasgow.cs       USENET: ...mcvax!ukc!cs.glasgow.ac.uk!jack

huntting@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Bradley Enoch Huntting) (02/27/88)

In article <1714@brahma.cs.hw.ac.uk> jack@cs.hw.ac.uk (Jack Campin) writes:
>Does anyone else want a newsgroup devoted to logic?

Hear, hear!

				-brad huntting

	huntting@boulder.Colorado.EDU
     ...!{cires,hao}!boulder!huntting

rapaport@sunybcs.uucp (William J. Rapaport) (03/01/88)

In article <1714@brahma.cs.hw.ac.uk> jack@cs.hw.ac.uk (Jack Campin) writes:
>I believe Robert K. Meyer has recently published a paper called "Why I am
>no longer a relevantist", or something to that effect. Does anyone know
>where to find it? Is he on the net?

I sincerely doubt that he's on the net, but he can be contacted at:

Prof. Robert K. Meyer
Department of Philosophy
Research School of Social Sciences
Australian National University
P.O. Box 4
Canberra, ACT 2600
AUSTRALIA

Don't know about the relevance-logic article, though.

>Does anyone else
>want a newsgroup devoted to logic? If so, let me know by email. This isn't
>yet a formal proposal, just a bit of market research.

Try sci.math