[sci.math] sci.math.chaos?

vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) (03/27/88)

In article <1301@uop.edu> todd@uop.edu (Dr. Nethack) writes:
>In article <1592@scicom.alphacdc.com>, wats@scicom.alphacdc.com (Bruce Watson) writes:
>
>> Is there a sci.math.chaos newsgroup?  And if not shouldn't there be?
>
>I have not seen one, but I would love to subscribe..
>
>Help!!! Shall we vote??

Yes!  YES!      YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!   Where do I go?  What do I do?  Where
do I sign up?  What's happenin'?  I'm just a poor little net.novice, all
I know how to do is post, and post, and post. . .

While we're at it, what about:
	sci.math.fuzzy_theory
	sci.math.fractals

And how much of this conversation can go on in the mythical sci.logic?

O---------------------------------------------------------------------->
| Cliff Joslyn, Professional Cybernetician
| Systems Science Department, SUNY Binghamton, New York, but my opinions
| vu0112@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
V All the world is biscuit shaped. . .

hdunne@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu (|-|ugh) (03/27/88)

There is a newsgroup for dynamical systems called comp.theory.dynamic-sys. It
could handle a little more activity as lately I've only seen test postings.
Let's use an existing newsgroup rather than trying to create a new one.

Hugh Dunne        |  UUCP: ..{cmcl2,ihnp4,seismo!noao}!arizona!amethyst!hdunne
Dept. of Math.    |     Phone:      | ARPA:     hdunne@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu
Univ. of Arizona  | +1 602 621 4766 | Bitnet:   hdunne@arizrvax
Tucson AZ  85721  | +1 602 621 6893 | Internet: hdunne@rvax.ccit.arizona.edu

In article <491@amethyst.UUCP> hdunne@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu (|-|ugh) writes:
>There is a newsgroup for dynamical systems called comp.theory.dynamic-sys. It
>could handle a little more activity as lately I've only seen test postings.
>Let's use an existing newsgroup rather than trying to create a new one.

Glad to hear it, I'd love to participate.  But SUNY-B doesn't have it
right now.  Can someone suggest how I can going about getting it here?