[sci.math] Tex Fonts for Math

ms361@leah.Albany.Edu (Mark Steinberger) (06/18/88)

In article <3736@saturn.ucsc.edu>, variety@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Gregory Woodhouse) writes:

> ...  Certain things such as the symbols for the classical Lie
> algebras really ought to be set in gothic or script.  ...
> Another good example ...

My own favorite example is structure sets in surgery theory. On
blackboards and in manuscrips and old books they are always done
as capital script S's. The caligraphic "S" simply won't do, nor
will Fraktur, or anything else that's readily available.

What do the AMS journals use for this, or for other uses of
true script? They supposedly set type in TeX.

Perhaps someone ought to make some more fonts.

Sincerely,

Mark Steinberger