[sci.math] orbital dynamics & plotting

apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) (03/15/89)

Our research group is interested in obtaining
a package, or packages (PD preferable), that
marries both orbital dynamics and the plotting
of such orbits. Any and all information would
be appreciated.
                 Thanks in advance,
                 Vince Pugliese
                 apollo@ecf.toronto.edu
                 apollo@ecf.utoronto.ca

belld@vax1.tcd.ie (03/21/89)

In article <809@mv03.ecf.toronto.edu>, apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) writes:
> Our research group is interested in obtaining
> a package, or packages (PD preferable), that
> marries both orbital dynamics and the plotting
> of such orbits. Any and all information would
> be appreciated.
>                  Thanks in advance,
>                  Vince Pugliese
>                  apollo@ecf.toronto.edu
>                  apollo@ecf.utoronto.ca

		A friend mentioned MacSat a couple of days ago. I don't know
if it's PD but it does produce a world map with a plot of the orbit. It also
gives times of visibility. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it work soon.
--
	Derek Bell

brody@eos.UUCP (Adam Brody) (03/23/89)

I wrote an orbital trajectory planning program that runs with Excel on the
Macintosh.  It does not provide a ground trace but rather responds to user-
supplied burn inputs along 3 axes.  COSMIC is currently looking it over
and should post an article about it in Tech Briefs soon.  If your need is im-
mediate, let me know and we can probably work something out.