[sci.physics] none

prs@oliveb.UUCP (Phil Stephens) (10/14/86)

[First an aside: I'll be away from the net for a few weeks soon.]

In article <2555@ihlpg.UUCP> tan@ihlpg.UUCP (Bill Tanenbaum) writes:
>I reread it, and it still makes no sense.  The tides "debate"
>had more content, because the tides are real and measurable.
>That's more than I can say for PK (so far) or for the substantive
>content of your reply to me, which was zero, except for the
>personal attack.  Buzz off.

I admit I didn't put much content in that particular posting, as I
didn't think you warrented much.

I have spent more than half of my contribution to the discussion on
discussing how this topic (which I did not start) relates to proper
and improper use of the scientific method.  Perhaps this sub-topic
belongs in net.sci (sci.misc, now), but not on a non-existant
mod.psi.  (If a mailing list exists, I would like to be added to it.)

If I knew QM terminology I would use it with reguard to PK and
telepathy and hunches, but Mitsu has already demonstrated
that ability (the words, I mean), and I hope that he is not scared
off by your contentless flames.

As for myself, I think that some of the responses my followups have
generated have been well worthwhile, and flames don't bother me much.

See you in a month, give or take some; lack of response from me in the
near future just means I'm away from the net for a while.

	- Phil		prs@oliven.UUCP (Phil Stephens)     or: prs@oliveb.UUCP
	or:			{get to 'nike' somehow, then}!oliveb!prs
				{I *think* this will work everywhere}

DANTE@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA (11/16/86)

From:  Mike Dante <DANTE@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA>

Is this an appropriate message for the PHYSICS BB?

A number of people, including various heads of state (other than our own)
who have to take responsibility for real decisions, fear that the type of
nuclear disarmament proposed by Dr. Hyder would inevitably produce a world
situation which would result in a war between the superpowers (WW III) which
would lead to nuclear rearmament and USE, thus to the armageddon we all want
to avoid.  A very disturbing paradox.
-------