[sci.physics] Plotting Magnetic Fields

kory@avatar.UUCP (Kory Hamzeh) (02/11/89)

I would like to write a program which will graphicly draw the
flux lines between to magnets. I've looked through several physics
refernces but haven't come up anything usefull. I'm not event quite
sure if it can be done.

Is the mathematics to accomplish this task too complex? Is there
any software out there which already does this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
kory

Kory Hamzeh			    UUCP:     ..!uunet!psivax!quad1!avatar!kory
				    INTERNET: avatar!kory@quad.com

emcalc@sugar.uu.net (William M. Schmidt) (02/13/89)

In article <101@avatar.UUCP>, kory@avatar.UUCP (Kory Hamzeh) writes:
> I would like to write a program which will graphicly draw the
> flux lines between to magnets. I've looked through several physics

... The rest is deleted

I'd suggest that you work from the vector potential. It's easy in the
2-d case as it only has one component. The field lines are then lines
of constant vector potential.

Bill Schmidt
Texas Accelerator Center