[sci.astro] Science magazines

werme@alliant.UUCP (Eric Werme) (11/07/86)

In article <592@epimass.UUCP> jbuck@epimass.UUCP (Joe Buck) writes:
>Disclaimer:  I am not a physicist.  However, I avidly read every
>particle physics or astrophysics article Scientific American, or
>other reasonably accessible sources, prints (too bad Science 86 is
>dead), and that's where this information comes from.

The only magazine I read cover to cover is Science News.  Its been in business
for 65 years or so, and its writers keep winning significant awards.  In
fact, a geological association that offers an annual award to people who
have significantly advanced the field gave this year's award to a SN writer,
the first journalist in 29 years or so to get it.  As for the trio of
neutrinos, SN has been reporting on that possibility and is will be reporting
on results of experiments set up to look for them.

I don't have their phone # handy, but most libraries subscribe, so it's
easy to find.  There's lotsa of other good things to say about them, but
its getting late!

--

| The Art of Programming        | Eric J Werme                |