[sci.astro] StarChart software

awpaeth@watcgl.UUCP (09/27/87)

In article <3320@eagle.ukc.ac.uk> has@eagle.ukc.ac.uk (H.A.Shaw) writes:
>Does anybody have a program for producing the RA and DEC of the moon?
>I wish to add this to the starchart software and would like to hear from
>the original author ( Alan Paeth, awpaeth@watcgl are you out there ??)
>...catalogues (Messier or NGC for example) available in machine readable form?

Watch this space!

I plan to repost StarChart by 1 Oct to the moderator of net.sources. Changes
include a list of Messier objects, new symbols for non-stellar objects,
Greek Bayer letters for bright stars, totally reworked (but back-compatable)
command interface, and mnemonic constellation finder. I've also included
software to change epochs (all StarChart data will be released in E2000.0),
and have code in the works to perform plotting of asteroids and lunar profiles.

If anyone else wishes to add any last-minute features, please e-mail me in the
next few days, as I'm completing the integration of features and bug fixes
sent in by many of you.

    /Alan Paeth