[net.sf-lovers] Sigourney Weaver

abs@rdin.UUCP (Andrew Siegel) (06/27/84)

Perry (Caro.PA@XEROX.ARPA) says (about Sigourney Weaver):

	"... she hasn't had a good role since 'Alien'"

C'mon, Perry!  What about "The Year of Living Dangerously"?  She played
a character far deeper than the one she played in "Alien".  (The
movie was quite a bit better, as well.)  I think that she'd make a
great Scirocco Jones, incidently, regardless of her nose and beauty.

				Andrew B. Siegel
				(with regards to Andrew D. Sigel)
				philabs!rdin!abs

Caro.PA@XEROX.ARPA (07/05/84)

>Perry (Caro.PA@XEROX.ARPA) says (about Sigourney Weaver):
>
>        "... she hasn't had a good role since 'Alien'"
>
>C'mon, Perry!  What about "The Year of Living Dangerously"?  She
>played a character far deeper than the one she played in "Alien".
>(The movie was quite a bit better, as well.)  I think that she'd
>make a great Scirocco Jones, incidently, regardless of her nose and
>beauty.

"The Year of Living Dangerously" was an excellent first half movie.
That is, the first half was wonderful, but it seemed to run out of
steam.  The ending was ambivalent and unsatisfying.

But to the point: Sigourney's part could just barely be considered more
than a bit part.  Sure, she provided the "important" plot turn for the
hero, Mel Gibson, but for the most part she was mere window dressing.
An excuse for a steamy love affair.  Any way,
What's-her-face-that-got-Best-Supporting-Acctress by playing the part of
the male photographer stole the show.

And just to keep this message pertinent: If you've seen "Silkwood", you
might agree with me that Cher would probably make a better Cirocco than
Weaver.  I kid you not! (... click-clack ... click-clack ...) Hell, if
you could put up with all the protests and jazzercise, Jane Fonda would
make a decent Cirocco!

Perry

mab%aids-unix@sri-unix.UUCP (07/08/84)

From:  Mike Brzustowicz <mab@aids-unix>

She also played the "heroine" in a movie called "eye witness".  It was not
nearly a bit part, and I think she did it well.

-Mike
<mab@aids-unix>