[sci.astro] Space Grant College group

cain@geomag.gly.fsu.edu (Joe Cain) (05/04/91)

	The Florida Space Grant College/Consortium is a group
organized to support a NASA program for space science research and
education. It is composed of members and associates from most of the
major universities and colleges in Florida, and is operated out of the
University of Florida by Martin Eisenberg of their Engineering School.

	This note is to test whether there are enough people
interested in this and other subjects pertinent to space activities in
florida to suggest establishing a group on internet with a name
like fl.space to handle an interchange of such information. Its main
activity would be to distribute information of interest to this
specific group, but the mandate would be similar to that of the
sci.space in that it would also include discussion of other space
activities in Florida. This could include information on the
Cape San Blas tiny rocket facility as well as the commercial
activities pertinent to Florida.

	We would assume that the material would be limited to a
geographical interest and that the more esoteric would continue
unabated on the overly saturated sci.space.

	Please respond directly by e-mail with whether you think this
would be useful or not, and if so any name that you think better
suited than simply fl.space. If possible do not post to the general
Newsgroups to which this is cross posted. If you cannot reach me at
one of the following mail addresses, my phone is (407) 644-4014 at
FSU. The Suncom number is 384-4014.
If you have trouble with e-mail and do not wish to phone, I would
suggest posting to one of the smaller volume groups, now sci.geo.geology
and making SURE that "fl" is on the distribution line.

Joseph Cain		cain@geomag.gly.fsu.edu
cain@fsu.bitnet		scri::cain