[sci.space] Dumb Question

shawn@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Shawn F. Mckay) (10/23/86)

I know I'm letting myself in for it with this question, but here
goes...

"Where would one find a forum on UFO sightings, speculation, and
 more speculation."?

I'm looking for a group with a serious interest in these events,
and would love a pointer if there is such a group, somehow I doubt
I'm the only nut roaming around with a serious curiosity in them.

			Thanks for the help,
			  -- Shawn

rg@sfsup.UUCP (R.Goodman) (10/23/86)

In article <3563@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> shawn@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Shawn F. Mckay) writes:
>I know I'm letting myself in for it with this question, but here
>goes...

You are so right....

>"Where would one find a forum on UFO sightings, speculation, and
> more speculation."?

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ho, hee, hee, hee.....

Sorry (couldn't resist)  &-)

jenks@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu (10/29/86)

/* Written 12:51 pm  Oct 23, 1986 by rg@sfsup.UUCP in
uiucdcsp:net.space */
/* ---------- "Re: Dumb Question" ---------- */
>In article <3563@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> shawn@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Shawn F.
>Mckay) writes:
>>I know I'm letting myself in for it with this
>question, but here
>>goes...
>
>You are so right....
>
>>"Where would one find a forum on UFO sightings, speculation, and
>> more speculation."?
>
>ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

[ 8 lines of derisive laughter deleted ]

>ho, hee, hee, hee.....
>
>Sorry (couldn't resist)  &-)
/* End of text from uiucdcsp:net.space */

I wish you had resisted.  The man asked a serious question.  He didn't post
his musings on UFOs in *this* forum; he asked where it would be polite to do
so.  Why is derisive laughter the response to those who wish to speculate on
subjects hypothetically involving space?  I wish I knew an answer to his
question.

        -- Ken Jenks
		jenks@p.cs.uiuc.edu
		{ihnp4!pur-ee}uiucdcs!uiucdcsp
			VAXing Poetic At
		              	Univ. of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign

For Sale: Apple Memory Expansion Card  (217) 356-7913

mhb@mtx5a.UUCP (q) (10/30/86)