[sci.space] A request: forwarded NASA press releases

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (08/25/88)

In article <4863@hplabsb.UUCP> dsmith@hplabsb.UUCP (David Smith) writes:
>Peter E. Yee writes:

Peter isn't writing these.  He's only forwarding them.  The real
authors (men [like Hugh Harris] and women you occasionally hear on
the TV or radio) have their names noted in the upper left hand corner.
Cite them.  Contact them.  Don't blame Peter.  He's just trying to do
you a favor.  Please edit accordingly.

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "Mailers?! HA!", "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {uunet,hplabs,ncar,decwrl,allegra,tektronix}!ames!aurora!eugene
  "Send mail, avoid follow-ups.  If enough, I'll summarize."

dsmith@hplabsb.UUCP (David Smith) (08/25/88)

In article <1392@eos.UUCP>, eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) writes:
> In article <4863@hplabsb.UUCP> dsmith@hplabsb.UUCP (David Smith) writes:
> >Peter E. Yee writes:
>
> Peter isn't writing these.  He's only forwarding them.  The real
> authors (men [like Hugh Harris] and women you occasionally hear on
> the TV or radio) have their names noted in the upper left hand corner.
> Cite them.  Contact them.  Don't blame Peter.  He's just trying to do
> you a favor.  Please edit accordingly.

Is it necessary to post a putdown over an inconsequential,
automatically-generated portion of a short, inoffensive humorous
message?  I don't see how it can possibly be construed as "blaming" Peter.
--

			David Smith
			HP Labs