[sci.space] Watching Shuttle Land at Edwards AFB

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (09/06/88)

Does anyone know the scoop on being able to go on base at Edwards AFB
for the Shuttle landing in October or whenever it is going to land?  I
went to a landing in 1982 there but did not make any of the details.  I
have heard a rumor that the public is not allowed on base any more for
landings.  Any truth to this rumor?

Dan Allen
Apple Computer
dan@apple.COM

cew@venera.isi.edu (Craig E. Ward) (09/10/88)

In article <16644@apple.Apple.COM> dan@apple.com.UUCP (Dan Allen) writes:
>Does anyone know the scoop on being able to go on base at Edwards AFB
>for the Shuttle landing in October or whenever it is going to land?  I
>went to a landing in 1982 there but did not make any of the details.  I
>have heard a rumor that the public is not allowed on base any more for
>landings.  Any truth to this rumor?
>
>Dan Allen
>Apple Computer
>dan@apple.COM

The California chapters of the National Space Society (NSS), cooperating
through the California Space Development Council (CSDC) are planing to
attend the landing at Edwards.  In Northern California contact Tim Kyger
of the San Francisco Chapter evenings at (415)221-2684 (This number is
published in the Spacefaring Gazette without an area code; I am assuming
it is 415.)  For Central and Southern California contact me by email.  I
am with OASIS, the Los Angeles and Orange Counties chapter of NSS.

(We have a coordinator for this but I don't want to publish his number
without asking him first.  Kyger's number was published already so I
assume it's okay to distribute it here.)

		Craig

ARPA: 	cew@venera.isi.edu
PHONE:	(213)822-1511 ext. 111
USPS:	USC Information Sciences Institute
	4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1100
	Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"