[net.sf-lovers] BUILT worlds

boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (07/12/84)

From:  boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Jerry Boyajian)

> From:  decvax!ncoast!bsafw@Berkeley  (Brandon Allbery,524-1416)
>
> I remember reading a book about a world named Patra-Bannk which was
> very much built -- (can someone netmail me the name of that book?
> All I remember is the name of the planet and that it was VERY
> similar to MISSION OF GRAVITY in plot) -- thin dirt shell on metal,
> and a quantum black hole (& metallic-hydrogen factory) inside.

The book you're thinking of is THE WORLD IS ROUND by Tony Rothman,
published by Ballantine/Del Rey about 5-6 years ago, if memory serves.

Another book about articial worlds is ORBITSVILLE, by Bob Shaw, which
is about a Dyson Sphere. A terrible book, though (I read the serial in
GALAXY -- or was it WORLDS OF IF? I'll have to check).

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
		!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

bsafw%Berkeley@ncoast.UUCP (07/14/84)

From:  decvax!ncoast!bsafw@Berkeley  (Brandon Allbery,524-1416)

I remember reading a book about a world named Patra-Bannk which was very much
built -- (can someone netmail me the name of that book?  All I remember is the
name of the planet and that it was VERY similar to MISSION OF GRAVITY in plot)
-- thin dirt shell on metal, and a quantum black hole (& metallic-hydrogen
factory) inside.

Brandon Allbery		decvax!cwruecmp{!atvax}!{bsafw,stuart,ubbs}
6504 Chestnut Road	BITNET: R0176%CSUOHIO (CSU administration permitting)
Independence, OH 44131

"himself being one universe's prime example of utter, rambunctious free will!"