[sci.space] Space Videotapes

ruslan@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (09/21/88)

Periodically I've seen requests for various "space pictures,"
whether videos or machine-readable images, posters or
books.
In September's NASA Tech Briefs, page 82 has an ad for 4
different Space Videotapes.
1. "The Universe" - described as general intro of some sort.
2. "The Voyager Missions" - the planets "as seen through
the eyes of the Voyager 1 and 2".
3. "Landing on Mars" - from Viking.
4. "Space Shuttle - Satellite Rescue" - Columbia goes to
fetch a satellite.

They're about 30 mins apiece; the first 2 are about $30,
the last 2 about $20.
I have NO IDEA how good they are - this is the first I've
seen of it, or of NASA Tech Briefs, for that matter.
Address - NASA Tech Briefs, 41 East 42nd Street, NY NY 10017.
(They put the videos out themselves, it seems.)

Hope it helps.  (Gee, we've gotta get a VCR one of these days.)
Robin LaPasha
ruslan@ecsvax.uncecs.edu
Like I said - haven't bought or seen them, don't know... just FYI.

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (09/22/88)

In article <5380@ecsvax.uncecs.edu> ruslan@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) writes:
>Periodically I've seen requests for various "space pictures,"
>whether videos or machine-readable images, posters or
>books.
>In September's NASA Tech Briefs, page 82 has an ad for 4
>different Space Videotapes.
>1. "The Universe" - described as general intro of some sort.
>2. "The Voyager Missions" - the planets "as seen through
>the eyes of the Voyager 1 and 2".
>3. "Landing on Mars" - from Viking.
>4. "Space Shuttle - Satellite Rescue" - Columbia goes to
>fetch a satellite.
>
>They're about 30 mins apiece; the first 2 are about $30,
>the last 2 about $20.
>I have NO IDEA how good they are - this is the first I've
>seen of it, or of NASA Tech Briefs, for that matter.
>Address - NASA Tech Briefs, 41 East 42nd Street, NY NY 10017.
>(They put the videos out themselves, it seems.)

I recall seeing at least the latter two tapes at local K-Marts for
$9.99 each.  In addition, I also saw an Apollo XI mission tape for
the same price.  I promise to get details during my next visit...
--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100