[sci.space] satellite pics.

matt@psu-cs.UUCP (Matt Logan) (09/17/88)

 Can somebody tell me where I can get a hold of some satellite pictures?
Are satellite pictures in the public domain? I'm most intereted in pictures
of the Earth. Any information would be appreciated.
    __  __
   /\_\/_/\    /\
   \ \\/ \ \att\ \__ogan  matt@psu-cs
    \/    \/    \/___/

fsjl@pnet12.cts.com (Fragano Ledgister) (09/18/88)

matt@psu-cs.UUCP (Matt Logan) writes:

> Can somebody tell me where I can get a hold of some satellite pictures?
>Are satellite pictures in the public domain? I'm most intereted in pictures
>of the Earth. Any information would be appreciated.
>    __  __
>   /\_\/_/\    /\
>   \ \\/ \ \att\ \__ogan  matt@psu-cs
>    \/    \/    \/___/

Try the nearest French and/or Soviet Consulates -- in San Francisco, I
think -- for information.

UUCP: {ncr-sd crash}!pnet12!fsjl
INET: fsjl@pnet12.cts.com

mike@lll-lcc.llnl.gov (Mike Hummell) (10/01/88)

In article <936@psu-cs.UUCP>, matt@psu-cs.UUCP (Matt Logan) writes:
>  Can somebody tell me where I can get a hold of some satellite pictures?
> Are satellite pictures in the public domain? I'm most intereted in pictures
> of the Earth. Any information would be appreciated.

Landsat pictures sold by  EOSAT  (Earth Observation Satellite Co.)
  EOSAT  4300 Forbes Blvd.  Lanham, Md. 20706  (800)367-2801

French Space Agency  sells data thru.  SOPT
  SPOT Image Corporation  1897 Preston White Drive   Reston, VA 22091-4326
  (703)620-2200

Suggestion:  info. in this field is prodigious.  Try doing a library search
for "remote sensing".