[sci.space] UFO abduction evidence?

logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) (02/07/89)

In the latest issue of IUR (International UFO Reporter, published by CUFOS -
Center for UFO Studies - Dec 88 issue, I think) Jerome Clark interviews Budd
Hopkins, the UFO abduction author/investigator.  CUFOS and IUR are among the
most conservative organizations/publications in the field.  They are quick to
point out when they are reporting facts or testimony or speculation.

Clark, editor of IUR and Allen Hynek's heir apparent, questioned Hopkins on
the existence of physical evidence in reported UFO abduction victims.  Here
Mr. Hopkins makes one of the most fantastical statements that I have ever seen
in the IUR -- he states that many abduction victims are reported to have tiny
BB sized balls implanted by the UFO occupants under the skin of the victims.

Although Mr. Hopkins states that he himself has never seen the evidence to
support these reports, he does seem optimistic that he will be able to track
down one of these balls!!!!!!

WOW! That's quite a claim, even as distant as he places himself from it!

--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428  -
- ...rutgers!umn-cs!ns!logajan / logajan@ns.network.com / john@logajan.mn.org -

mvp@v7fs1.UUCP (Mike Van Pelt) (02/07/89)

In article <1106@ns.UUCP> logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) writes:
>Clark, editor of IUR and Allen Hynek's heir apparent, questioned Hopkins on
>the existence of physical evidence in reported UFO abduction victims.  Here
>Mr. Hopkins makes one of the most fantastical statements that I have ever seen
>in the IUR -- he states that many abduction victims are reported to have tiny
>BB sized balls implanted by the UFO occupants under the skin of the victims.

Hey, wow, I know what these are!  I saw it in the movie "Destroy
All Monsters".  These are remote control devices that the yoofoe
people use to turn the abductees into robots.  Just like the
reanimated corpses in "Plan Nine from Outer Space".  Uh, oh, here
come the Men in Black...

(Fade to black, with Twilight Zone theme music.)

(In case it isn't obvious ...  :-) :-) :-) :-)
--
The powers not  delegated to the United States by the | Mike Van Pelt
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are | Video 7

ethan@ut-emx.UUCP (Ethan Tecumseh Vishniac) (02/08/89)

In article <1106@ns.UUCP>, logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) writes:

> Clark, editor of IUR and Allen Hynek's heir apparent, questioned Hopkins on
> the existence of physical evidence in reported UFO abduction victims.  Here
> Mr. Hopkins makes one of the most fantastical statements that I have ever seen
> in the IUR -- he states that many abduction victims are reported to have tiny
> BB sized balls implanted by the UFO occupants under the skin of the victims.
>
> Although Mr. Hopkins states that he himself has never seen the evidence to
> support these reports, he does seem optimistic that he will be able to track
> down one of these balls!!!!!!

An urban legend in the making!   It's exciting to see it happening before our
very eyes.  Do keep us posted.

--
 I'm not afraid of dying     Ethan Vishniac, Dept of Astronomy, Univ. of Texas
 I just don't want to be     {charm,ut-sally,ut-emx,noao}!utastro!ethan

These must be my opinions.  Who else would bother?

ems@Apple.COM (Mike Smith) (02/08/89)

In article <1106@ns.UUCP> logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) writes:

>In the latest issue of IUR (International UFO Reporter, published by CUFOS -
>Center for UFO Studies - Dec 88 issue, I think) Jerome Clark interviews Budd
>Hopkins, the UFO abduction author/investigator.
[...]
>Mr. Hopkins makes one of the most fantastical statements that I have ever seen
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^ Is this a word?
>in the IUR -- he states that many abduction victims are reported to have tiny
>BB sized balls implanted by the UFO occupants under the skin of the victims.
>
>Although Mr. Hopkins states that he himself has never seen the evidence to
>support these reports, he does seem optimistic that he will be able to track
>down one of these balls!!!!!!
>
>WOW! That's quite a claim, even as distant as he places himself from it!

I can't resist ... Why hasn't there been an Enquierer (sp?) headline:

ALIEN SPACE BALLS IMPLANTED IN HUMANS!!!  MUTANT OFFSPRING!!!

(Please forgive me ... I know I shouldn't have ... I'm such a wimp ...)
--

E. Michael Smith  ems@apple.COM

'If you can dream it, you can do it'  Walt Disney

This is the obligatory disclaimer of everything. (Including but
not limited to: typos, spelling, diction, logic, and nuclear war)