[sci.space] E'Prime Aerospace Corporation

jim@pnet01.cts.COM (Jim Bowery) (03/08/89)

textbell!merch!cpe!hal6000!trsvax!reyn@bellcore.com writes:
>Just out of curiousity, how does a commercial firm get EXCLUSIVE rights to
>a technology developed for the U.S. Air Force?

That's the question I've been asking of quite a few people and I have
yet to get a clear answer.  If anyone knows how E'Prime Aerospace managed
to get exclusive rights to MX booster technology, please leave a message
on the net or to me in email.
Jim Bowery    Phone: 619/295-8868
PO Box 1981                  Join the Mark Hopkins Society!
La Jolla, CA 92038   (A member of the Mark Hopkins family of organizations.)

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!jim
ARPA: crash!pnet01!jim@nosc.mil
INET: jim@pnet01.cts.com

RYAN-S@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (stephen) (03/14/89)

  Does anybody have any opinions about which of the small launch companies
(E'Prime, OSC/Hercules, Space Services, Amroc, etc.) have any chance of
commercial success?  In talking to their broker, it seems E'Prime is having
some difficulties (although I'm not sure what they are), while we have been
hearing some good things about OSC/Hercules and Space Services (i.e. that
they have some customers lineds up).  Any thoughts?

.Steve

bpendlet@esunix.UUCP (Bob Pendleton) (03/15/89)

From article <12477749495031@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu>, by RYAN-S@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (stephen):

>   Does anybody have any opinions about which of the small launch companies
> (E'Prime, OSC/Hercules, Space Services, Amroc, etc.) have any chance of
> commercial success?  In talking to their broker, it seems E'Prime is having
> some difficulties (although I'm not sure what they are), while we have been
> hearing some good things about OSC/Hercules and Space Services (i.e. that
> they have some customers lineds up).  Any thoughts?
>
> .Steve

I'm biased. My wife and I own a bunch of Hercules stock. The joint
venture with OSC is a very small part of Hercules Aerospace divisions
total business. And Hercules Aerospace is only part of Hercules' total
business. I bought Hercules stock before they went into the commercial
launch business.

The other companies on your list look awfully iffy to me. But then I'm
a very conservative investor.

			Bob P.
--
-              Bob Pendleton, speaking only for myself.
- UUCP Address:  decwrl!esunix!bpendlet or utah-cs!esunix!bpendlet

In article <12477749495031@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu> RYAN-S@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (stephen) writes:
>  Does anybody have any opinions about which of the small launch companies
>(E'Prime, OSC/Hercules, Space Services, Amroc, etc.) have any chance of
>commercial success? ...

OSC/Hercules seems to be going great guns; I'd bet on them.  E'Prime I
don't know about.  Space Services has a sounding-rocket launch coming up,
but they've been shopping for orbital-launch customers for a long time
without success; there doesn't seem to be anything *wrong* with them, but
nothing ever seems to happen.  Amroc is financially tight but making
progress; I question the need for their new rocket technology, but they
are making it work.
--
Welcome to Mars!  Your         |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
passport and visa, comrade?    | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu