[net.sf-lovers] BLADERUNNER COMMENTS

dearborn%sage.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (07/17/84)

From:  dearborn%sage.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Randy Dearborn, Media Graphics, MK01/2N25, DTN:264-5090)

> Bladerunner is one of the best movies ever made period, IF you ignore the
> voice-over.  The Holywood movie execs killed it by adding the voice-over
> and turning it into a stupid 1940's style detective movie...

I agree that BLADERUNNER is a fine film.  However, I remember reading an
interview with Harrison Ford in which he said that the voice-over was part
of the ORIGINAL concept for the film.  The 1940's look was integral with
Ridley Scott's directoral vision.  I will admit that the editing is a
little uneven and that some scenes should have been handled differently,
but few films have captured a vision of the future as effectively as
BLADERUNNER.  Yes, ignore the voice-over.  I do, every time I watch my
copy.

Randy Dearborn
Digital Media Services
Merrimack, NH