[sci.space] Room Temperature fusion - possible

abcscagz@csuna.csun.edu (Jeff Boeing) (03/27/89)

In article <5700009@silver> commgrp@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:

>With fusion power, transmutation of elements is economical. So is
>reclaiming them from sea water, and so is going to the asteroids!

   With HOT fusion power, transmutation is economical.  With fusion power that
yields a net power output of 3 Watts, occurring at room temperature, you have
just about as much of a chance of turning something into Platinum as you do of
causing all the air molecules in the room to simultaneously jump one foot to
the left.
   Time to start sending round-trip spacecraft to the asteroid belt, isn't it,
guys?

--
Jeff Boeing:  ...!csun.edu!csuna!abcscagz    (formerly tracer@stb.UUCP)
"Brilliance!  That's all I can say . . . sheer, unadulterated brilliance!"