[sci.space] Atari

jpg3196@tahoma.UUCP (James P. Galasyn) (07/19/89)

In article <6073@watdcsu.waterloo.edu>, magore@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Mike Gore, Institute Computer Research - ICR) writes:

> 	Time to announce that I have a new version of the software for
> NOAA & METEOR receiver/display program. This version now works on IBM
> XT/AT/386 systems and can use 800(H)*600(V)*256(GREY) VGA modes. I hope to
> post a final release within a month. As before this project uses the
> signal received _directly_ from the satellites. The results can be *very*
> nice - just yesterday I received an image from NOAA in IR where I can see the
> thermal footprint of the Kitchener/Waterloo area where I live. Any medium to
> large city can be seen in this way due to the extra heat ...

I, being an IBM 386 VGA-type guy, can hardly wait.  This is the coolest.
For digital circuit design hackers, there are excellent Home
Satellite Weather Center plans available from Circuit Cellar Ink, P.O. Box
772, Vernon, CT, 06066 (203) 875-2199. *BIG* MC68000-based project for IBM PCs,
way beyond anything I'd care to tackle.

Go easy,

                  .                  	Strangers passing in the street
    DEATH       .  ..                	By chance two separate glances meet
              .     . .              	And I am you and what I see is me.
      .     .        .  .            	                            - Floyd