[sci.space] Moonwalk

palmer@tybalt.caltech.edu (David Palmer) (07/19/89)

In article <1305@hiatus.dec.com> fisher@moon.dec.com writes:

>Douglas Krouse asks, "how did the camera that was left behind on the Moon
>track the LM taking off, and how did they get the film back"
>
>They did not and it did not.  The picture you saw was not Apollo XI.  It was
>XVI or XVII.  There was not picture from the outside of XI taking off.  In the
>BTW, I'm quite angry at CBS for trying to pull this one over on us.  Give us
>back Uncle Walter!

CBS has admitted that they got tape from Apollo XVII confused with XI tape
when they were putting together the program, and apologized.

		David Palmer
		palmer@tybalt.caltech.edu
		...rutgers!cit-vax!tybalt.caltech.edu!palmer
	"Only 10% of the 4000 mile long coastline was affected."
		-Exxon's version of the oil spill as reported to stockholders

fisher@moon.dec.com (07/19/89)

Just out of curiosity, did the Apollo 17 tape that CBS "confused" with
the Apollo 11
version also have audio?  In other words, were we listening to the
mission control
callouts from 17 or 11?

Burns