[sci.space] voyager audio

adam@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) (08/29/89)

jay@ncspm.ncsu.edu (Jay C. Smith) writes:
> adam@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (I) write:
> >That's funny; it was on a Boston radio station the other day (yes, the
> >WHOLE LP). I think the station was WMBR, but I'm not sure... I'll
> >try to get in contact with them, I suppose...
>
> The local public radio station here (WUNC) played the same thing last week,
> but during a break half-way through it the announcer mentioned that the
> recording was not commercially available.  He should have mentioned that
> before he began playing it.

I didn't hear all of it; I missed the beginning. Perhaps the radio station
would allow you to copy it? I mean, what is the big deal? NASA doesn't want
a commercial record company to make money off of the disc. But as long as
it's non-commercial and you don't go selling copies once you yourself get
a copy, I should think that it would be all right... no?

Adam
--
"He didn't fall? Inconceivable!"  Internet email: adam@media-lab.media.mit.edu
"You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means."