[sci.space] Voyager Pics

So, does anybody know when these fabulous pics of neptune will be
available in sun workstation format, or in .GIF format?

P.S.  How about earlier pics of Jupiter/Saturn & moons?

In the rare case that original ideas   Kenneth J. Hendrickson    N8DGN
are found here, I am responsible.      Owen W328, E. Lansing, MI 48825
Internet: hendrick@frith.egr.msu.edu   UUCP: ...!frith!hendrick

adam@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) (08/30/89)

usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
> So, does anybody know when these fabulous pics of neptune will be
> available in sun workstation format, or in .GIF format?

Someone posted a message that lots of GIF's (including the latest
neptute and triton pictures) from their machine. I think it was
grape.ecs.clarkson.edu. Anyway, I ftp's there and went into binary
mode and got a bunch of pics. But when I ftp's them down to the mac
(I was in binary this time, too), it (Vision Lab) either opens a
solid black screen (i.e., pictures mapped to an apparently-synthesized
all-black CLUT) or it complains about bad LZW codes or early EOF's.
The bottom line: the GIF's are either corrupted or I'm doing something
wrong. I'd like to believe it's the second thing, but since I've tried
numerous ways of doing this, I'm afraid that it might be the first
(though I find this hard to believe).

Would someone (perhaps the person whose machine this is) care to
enlighten us about what format it is/how we shoulf ftp it/anything
else which is important...?

Adam
--
"He didn't fall? Inconceivable!"  Internet email: adam@media-lab.media.mit.edu
"You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means."