[sci.space] Name The Next Space Station Contest

dant@mrloog.WR.TEK.COM (Dan Tilque) (01/17/90)

pao@rsc.cpfz.nasa.gov (Public Affairs Office) writes:

>Homer Simpson/Deborah Norville
>Reagan Space Center, Havana, CPFZ			January 15, 1998
>

>NASA ANNOUNCES "NAME THE NEXT SPACE STATION" CONTEST
>
>"The replacement Station symbolizes this country's determination not to
>be pushed around any more," Sagdeev said.  "Its name should evoke the
>quest for truth and a zest for lasting dominance."

How about Space Station Gipper.

Is it true that Senator M. Noriega (D-Panama) is trying to kill the new
station?  And if that happens, Vice-President Tyson will punch the
senator's lights out?  Will NASA Select carry the fight on a pay-per-view
basis?

---
Dan Tilque	--	dant@mrloog.WR.TEK.COM

"The Mars mission won't be cheap -- the cost is currently estimated at
$400 billion, not including reality -- but the potential benefits are
enormous.  For openers, we will earn as a nation, more than 500 million
Frequent Flyer miles."

				-- Dave Barry