[sci.space] Edwards AFB

rma@mhuxo.ATT.COM (atkins, robert m) (01/18/90)

I will be out in the area of Edwards AFB later this month. Are there any
visitor facilities or public exhibits there that would make a detour
worthwhile? Thanks in advance for any replies.

                                   Bob Atkins
                                   att!mhuxo!rma

belle@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Steve Belle) (01/19/90)

In article <8643@cbnewsm.ATT.COM>, rma@mhuxo.ATT.COM (atkins, robert m) writes:
> I will be out in the area of Edwards AFB later this month. Are there any
> visitor facilities or public exhibits there that would make a detour
> worthwhile? Thanks in advance for any replies.
>
>                                    Bob Atkins
>                                    att!mhuxo!rma

  NASA's Dryden Flight Research Facility has a public tour twice a day, Monday
  through Friday, except for holidays and the week preceding a shuttle
  landing.  The tour includes a film that describes the various flight research
  projects that have been done here (about 30 min) and a tour of the main
  hangar that houses the current research vehicles (about 30-40 min). After
  the tour, you are free to check out the gift shop which also contains
  several exhibits about NASA's flight research history.

  Steve
  belle@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov