[sci.space] Timely Keplerian Elements?

ollie@hydra.unm.edu (Ollie N6LTJ) (12/13/90)

I have and continue to use the NASA 2-line keplerian elements sets
posted in these groups.  Much nicer than waiting for the "big brown
envelope" from Goddard.  However, other than dialing up the Celestial
BBS for the latest elements, is there an ftp site I could grab them
from?  I know about the nachos.ssesco.com site, but these are only
updated weekly.  Is there a way to get the bulletins as they are
issued via the net?

Comments/suggestions/"you're crazy" letters welcome...

73

--
Ollie Eisman (N6LTJ)	ollie@hydra.unm.edu	(505)277-4845
3505 Lafayette Rd. NE #3, Albuquerque, New Mexico  87131, USA

elmquist@nachos.SSESCO.com (Chris Elmquist) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec13.061114.11471@ariel.unm.edu> ollie@hydra.unm.edu (Ollie N6LTJ) writes:

>I have and continue to use the NASA 2-line keplerian elements sets
>posted in these groups.  Much nicer than waiting for the "big brown
>envelope" from Goddard.  However, other than dialing up the Celestial
>BBS for the latest elements, is there an ftp site I could grab them
>from?  I know about the nachos.ssesco.com site, but these are only
>updated weekly.  Is there a way to get the bulletins as they are
>issued via the net?

I am the keeper of the nachos.ssesco.com site...  I get the elements
mailed to me directly from Dr. Kelso at the same time (or before)
he posts them to various newsgroups.  I'm pretty certain he only
gets them on a weekly basis (or at least only releases them that
often).  If there's a faster way we'd sure like to know--

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist, N0JCF
Internet: elmquist@SSESCO.com