[sci.space] SPACE Digest

WYLBB@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Michael Linn) (09/16/88)

I've heard some mention about "Space Digest".

Is that some sort of on-line publication?
If so, could someone send me some information about it
  (e.g., how to subscribe)?
Or better yet, send me a sample copy.

                                        Thanks.

tm2b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Todd L. Masco) (12/15/90)

y.yduJ@MACBETH.STANFORD.EDU (Judy Anderson) writes:
> Is there a usenet equivalent for the space digest?  If so, under what
> newsgroup name should I look?  Thanks.
>                                         Judy Anderson

[I'm sending this to sci.space rather than making a personal reply
 because I've received many subscription requests from sci.space
 readers]

Short answer:  Yes, sci.space.

Long answer/Ad:

The SPACE Digest is a mailing-list equivalent to the USENET newsgroup
 sci.space; the only real differences being that I frequently will put
 one or two articles of interest in from another newsgroup and that I
 will occasionally completely remove a flamefest or a thread that has
 become completely ridiculous, before the Digest goes out (I don't
 like to do this, but...).

To those with USENET feeds, the Digest is of interest only to those
 who for some reason prefer mail to rn.  I only know of a few people
 with access to hosts with feeds who receive the Digest.

The Magazine is another matter; the SPACE Digest has a companion
 "best-of, mostly-facts" digest, named the SPACE Magazine.  If you're
 tired of the bad signal-to-noise ratio of the newsgroup, you may want
 to get the Magazine as an alternative to wading through scores of
 articles every day.

If you know somebody who can't get at a USENET feed, can receive mail,
 and might be interested in the Digest or the Magazine, let 'em know
 about the Digest and Magazine!

Digest requests should be directed to:  space-request+@andrew.cmu.edu
Magazine request should be directed to: space-mag-request+@andrew.cmu.edu
--