[sci.space] News from FLIGHT International

sjeyasin@axion.bt.co.uk (swaraj jeyasingh) (12/18/90)

As someone who has appreciated Henry Spencers regular postings of space
titbits from AWST, I wonder if anybody out there would like to read
similar postings from FLIGHT Int, which is the British equivalent.  I see
that Henry does include contributions from FLIGHT occasionaly, and as I
happen to receive it weekly, I could (IF there was sufficient interest)
do a regular spot.  The space coverage is somewhat less in quantity (for
obvious reasons) but possibly more coverage of space news from other
parts of the world.  I can't do the same kind of editorial comment as
Henry but I can try not to repeat the same news.  So what do people think ?

Just a thought, I 'm not even sure if this gets across the pond for a start.
Please email me if you see this outside UK!

Swaraj Jeyasingh

In article <1990Dec18.153859.12828@axion.bt.co.uk> sjeyasin@axion.bt.co.uk writes:
>As someone who has appreciated Henry Spencers regular postings of space
>titbits from AWST, I wonder if anybody out there would like to read
>similar postings from FLIGHT Int, which is the British equivalent...

I think this would be a fine idea.  I try to include noteworthy items
from Flight, but my time is scarce enough that I seldom manage it
nowadays -- just doing AW&ST is a noticeable drain.  Flight often has
better coverage of non-US-military-industrial-complex spaceflight.

(A further consideration is that I may not be renewing my Flight
subscription the next time it comes up; getting it by international air
mail is *extremely* expensive, and they seem to have dropped the surface-
mail option I used to use.)
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry