[sci.space] Need source for manned space flights

erics@sco.COM (eric smith) (03/23/91)

Can anyone point me to a source that lists all manned space flights
to date? The reference materials I know about only list "selected"
missions, generally ones with some outstanding feature.

I have a list that's complete up through about 1986, but I would
like to be able to stay current.

Thanks in advance!

| Eric Steven Smith |   "And there was no smith in all the land of Israel:    |
| erics@sco.com     |   for the Philistines said, Lest they make them         |
| uunet!sco!erics   |   swords or spears."   -   1 Samuel 13:19-20            |

winter@Apple.COM (Patty Winter) (03/23/91)

In article <10936@scolex.sco.COM> erics@sco.COM (eric smith) writes:

>Can anyone point me to a source that lists all manned space flights
>to date? The reference materials I know about only list "selected"
>missions, generally ones with some outstanding feature.

The April issue of _Odyssey_ magazine (the children's astro/space
magazine from the same publishers as _Astronomy_) has a really nice
summary of all the U.S. space shuttle missions. Since those are the
only manned missions we've done in years, that would at least get
you caught up on U.S. activities.

Patty

Patty Winter N6BIS                        INTERNET: winter@apple.com
AMPR.ORG: [44.4.0.44]                     UUCP: {decwrl,nsc,sun}!apple!winter

tif@doorstop.austin.ibm.com (Paul Chamberlain) (03/26/91)

In article <10936@scolex.sco.COM> erics@sco.COM (eric smith) writes:
>Can anyone point me to a source that lists all manned space flights
>to date? The reference materials I know about only list "selected"
>missions, generally ones with some outstanding feature.

I looked in some Almanac's at the book store and one had "selected"
missions and another had all manned missions.  Sorry, don't remember
any more about it.

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT speak for IBM.          IBM VNET: PAULCC AT AUSTIN
512/838-9748     | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif