Date: 27 Jul 84 09:57:14 PDT
From: Mailer.PA
To: Hallgren.pa
Subject: Undeliverable mail

Unable to deliver msg to SF-LOVERS@RUTGERS.ARPA at RUTGERS.ARPA
within a reasonable amount of time.

The text of your message was
--------------------
Date: 25 July 1984 9:45 am PDT (Wednesday)
From: Hallgren.pa
Subject: Re: SF-LOVERS Digest   V9 #149
To: SF-LOVERS@RUTGERS.ARPA
cc: Hallgren

Incredible Planet" by John Campbell, Jr.  One of my high school favorites, and
one of the original space operas.  I interpretted the scene to mean that the
inhabitants of the planets of that space didn't want any 'poaching' on their
territory by relatively primative beings.  Campbell never got around to taking
Aarn & company back to that space, although he might have.

This is the second of the Aarn Munro books written in the mid or early 30s', and
my favorite space opera.  The first book is "The Mightiest Machine" which has
appeared as an ACE paperback.  To the best of my knowledge it TIP has never
been put into paperback release.  If there's anyone from a publishing house
reading this distribution list, get this old wonder in print!

Actually it is three stories in one volume 1) the Incredible Planet, in which our
heroes return to our space and encounter a VERY old planet; 2) the
Interstellar Search in which they try to find Earth and finally suceed with help;
and 3) the Infinte Atom, where they are pressed into Earth's defense by some
plausible enemies.  If you like the Arcot-Wade-Morey books, (The Black Star
Passes, Islands of Space, Invaders From The Infinite), or the
E. E. Smith series this is as good, and the last major book before Campbell really
took up the editing helm of Astounding/Analog.

Clark H.