[net.sf-lovers] THE MAD MONSTER PARTY

boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA@sri-unix.UUCP (08/30/84)

From:  boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Jerry Boyajian)

From: Peter G. Trei <OC.TREI%CU20B@COLUMBIA>

>    VERY late the other night I saw the first 45 minutes or so of a
> very strange, funny movie.  I would like to recommend it as a con
> film, but I do not know the year, studio, or much else .  The
> movies' title seemed to be 'The Mad Monster Party', and was done to
> full length with stop- motion animation using puppets. The NYT
> listing was totally inaccurate, but on internal evidence I would
> place it somewhere in the mid-Sixties to early Seventies. The plot,
> as far as I saw it, concerned Dr. Frankenstein inviting many of the
> worlds leading monsters to his island (in the Bahamas?!) for a
> convention and retirement party.
>        I greatly enjoyed the part I saw, and would like to known
> more about this movie. Who made it? When? Did they make anything
> else like it?

I've never seen the film myself, so I can't do any more than give
the information for it that appears in Walt Lee's REFERENCE GUIDE
TO FANTASTIC FILMS, VOL. 2 (LA: Chelsea-Lee Books, 1973):

1967   Videocraft-Embassy   color   ani puppet   feature.

Probably filmed in Japan.

Exec Producer: 	Joseph E. Levine
Producer:	Arthur Rankin, Jr.
Director:	Jules Bass
Screenplay:	Len Korobkin & Harvey Kurtzman
Music & Lyrics:	Maury Laws & Jules Bass
Voices:		Boris Karloff, Phyllis Diller, Alan Swift, Gale
		Garnett

Fantasy-Horror-musical-comedy (mad scientist invites Dracula,
Frankenstein & Monster & Mrs. Monster, Jekyll/Hyde, a sea
monster, the Invisible Man, a werewolf, and others to his
island for a party; King Kong crashes the party)

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA