[net.sf-lovers] more Larry Niven Lightbulb Jokes

brucec@orca.UUCP (07/13/84)

Q: How many Trinocs does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Three.  One to change the bulb, one to be suspicious of the one changing
the bulb, and one to to be suspicious of the one being suspicious.  The one
changing the bulb is already suspicious.

Q: How many Outsiders does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: One, but he may not get around to it for a few thousand years.

Q: How many Tnuctipun does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: The entire Tnuctipun race.  They have to design a genetically engineered
animal species with a specialized lightbulb-changing limb.

Q: How many Motie Mediators does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None.  It will get trashed in the next collapse anyway.

Q: How many Jinxians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Seven.  Four to tear off the walls of the room, two to lower the ceiling,
and one to change the bulb.

Q: How many psionically lucky humans does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None.  The light bulb will never go out.

				Bruce Cohen
				UUCP:	...!tektronix!orca!brucec
				CSNET:	orca!brucec@tektronix
				ARPA:	orca!brucec.tektronix@rand-relay
				USMail: M/S 61-183
					Tektronix, Inc.
					P.O. Box 1000
					Wilsonville, OR 97070

hardie@sask.UUCP (Peter Hardie) (08/18/84)

I beg to differ .... the answer to 'how many Outsiders does it take to change
a lightbulb is ....
That information will cost you one trillion credits.

Sorry.

crm@rti-sel.UUCP (08/22/84)

And the number of puppeteers that it takes to change a lightbulb is:

	... only one -- if you can find one crazy enough to climb the ladder.

mike@rice.ARPA (08/24/84)

From:  Mike Caplinger <mike@rice.ARPA>

"That information will cost you one trillion credits."

Sorry, but the unit of currency in Known Space is the "star".

	- Mike

haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS]) (08/28/84)

How many Protectors does it take to change a lightbulb?

[ I haven't figured this one out yet.  Replies (by mail) appreciated. ]

Tom
{allegra, decvax, ihnp4}!watmath!watdcsu!haapanen

jerry@oliveb.UUCP (Jerry Aguirre) (09/01/84)

How many Protectors does it take to change a lightbulb?

None! Only us weak breeders are afraid of the dark.

nz@wucs.UUCP (Neal Ziring) (09/03/84)

> How many Protectors does it take to change a lightbulb?

   None,
	 it's a Protector-designed bulb so it never burns out.

...nz@wucs (Washington U, where something almost happens sometimes)

hutch@shark.UUCP (Stephen Hutchison) (09/06/84)

<How long can this sort of thing keep happening before somebody DOES some#$@>

> How many Protectors does it take to change a lightbulb?

Oh, come on, everybody knows the Protectors can see in the dark!

Hutch

haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS]) (09/07/84)

[My question:]

How many Protectors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

[Some replies from people that *didn't* post, but *did* mail:]

A: One.  One Protector is quite capable of redesigning the defective bulb
   into something which won't burn out.

A: None; they leave breeders in the dark.

A: One to develop a fusion-powered light source, one to turn it into a
   bomb, and a third to murder the first two?

All right, wise guys.  So how many tnuctipun (sp?) would it take?

Tom Haapanen
watmath!watdcsu!haapanen

lgondor@utcsrgv.UUCP (Les Gondor) (09/07/84)

Q: How many tnuctipun would it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Only one to develop a superior light plant and thus crash the segment of
   thrintun economy dependent on lightbulb production.

Les Gondor, U of Toronto CSRG
{cornell,ihnp4,allegra,uw-beaver,decvax!utzoo}!utcsrgv!lgondor
CSNET: lgondor@toronto		ARPA: lgondor%Toronto@CSNet-Relay
"Strange women lying in ponds and distributing swords
is no basis for a system of government!"