[misc.test] where's everybody?

The netnews coming into our site seems to have pretty well dried up the
last couple or so weeks, just a trickle from time to time.  Where IS
everybody???  Has a major link gone down???

a confirmed netnews junkie -- gotta have my netnews fix -- aaaaAAAARGHHHH!! :-}

--
|------------Dan Levy------------|  Path: ..!{akgua,homxb,ihnp4,ltuxa,mvuxa,
|--------Skokie, Illinois--------|

tjc@hrcca.UUCP ( Tom Chapin ) (10/25/87)

In article <1939@ttrdc.UUCP>, levy@ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
> The netnews coming into our site seems to have pretty well dried up the
> last couple or so weeks, just a trickle from time to time.  Where IS
> everybody???  Has a major link gone down???

There has been a breakdown in communication between cuae2 and ltuxa,
which is where you get your feed from.  There was sposed to be a switch
so that cuae2 would feed cuuxb which would feed ltuxa, but it ain't
working.  Might be a difficulty in working rje links which were going to
be used to do the feed.  If you ever want it to work again, you might
want to let the system admins of ltuxa, cuae2, and cuuxb know that you
would like to get fed again.

--
Tom Chapin  	{ihnp4,moss,clyde,ulysses,allegra,etc,etc}!hrcca!tjc

markn@ll1a.UUCP (Mark Nettleingham) (10/26/87)

In article <1434@hrcca.UUCP>, tjc@hrcca.UUCP ( Tom Chapin ) writes:
> In article <1939@ttrdc.UUCP>, levy@ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
> > The netnews coming into our site seems to have pretty well dried up the
> > last couple or so weeks...
>
> There has been a breakdown in communication between cuae2 and ltuxa,
> which is where you get your feed from...
> ... If you ever want it to work again, you might
> want to let the system admins of ltuxa, cuae2, and cuuxb know that you
> would like to get fed again.

I have been contacting the administrators of ltuxa, cuae2, and cuuxb
every day for almost two weeks now. I even tried calling Indian Hill
for an alternate feed. They won't feed anyone via modems (can't say
as I blame them). I have a machine that could handle a feed and
another site, if anyone who still gets this group knows of some one
willing to feed me give me a call.

	Mark Nettleingham
	ll1!markn
	312 983-4475

tjc@hrcca.UUCP (10/27/87)

In article <161@ll1a.UUCP>, markn@ll1a.UUCP (Mark Nettleingham) writes:
:> In article <1434@hrcca.UUCP>, tjc@hrcca.UUCP ( Tom Chapin ) writes:
:> > In article <1939@ttrdc.UUCP>, levy@ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
:> > There has been a breakdown in communication between cuae2 and ltuxa,
:> > ... If you ever want it to work again, you might
:> > want to let the system admins of ltuxa, cuae2, and cuuxb know that you
:> > would like to get fed again.
:>
:> I have been contacting the administrators of ltuxa, cuae2, and cuuxb
:> every day for almost two weeks now.

Apparently, the breakdown is only one way.  I got automatic replies to
my last message going along the path ltuxa!cuae2!ihnp4!ptsfa!etc!etc.
So ltuxa and the systems it feeds are able to send news, just not
receive it.

--
Tom Chapin  	{ihnp4,moss,clyde,ulysses,allegra,etc,etc}!hrcca!tjc