[misc.invest] Personal Financial Management for the Mac SE - responses

aks@homxc.ATT.COM (A.SEIDMAN) (03/13/89)

I recently posted an article requesting information about personal
financial managment software packages for the MAC SE. In the article,
I asked readers to forward responses to me via email.

A number of readers have asked me to forward/post responses that I receive.

I have only received one response and I am posting it now.
If anyone else plans to respond to my request, please post responses instead
of sending email.

Thanks,
Aron Seidman

RESPONSE THUSFAR:

From homxb!att!druhi!tml Fri Mar 10 13:22 MST 1989
To: att!homxb!homxc!aks
Subject: Re: Personal Financial Management on Mac SE

I really like Managing Your Money by Andrew Tobias.  I know it has
gotten some criticism in this group over the past few months,
but I have been using it for over two years and I am very pleased.

I use MYM to keep track of my checkbook and where my money goes, stock
portfolio tracking, personal acquaintance database, etc.  It is easy
to use, and has many features I haven't even touched yet (such as
insurance tracking and home inventory functions).

			Tim Larison  att!druhi!tml

alan@mtxinu.COM (Alan Tobey) (03/15/89)

In article <5910@homxc.ATT.COM>, aks@homxc.ATT.COM (A.SEIDMAN) writes:
> I recently posted an article requesting information about personal
> financial managment software packages for the MAC SE.

The april 1989 issue of MacUser has a thorough summary of personal finance
and investment software for Macintosh.

rob@pegasus.ATT.COM (rob) (03/15/89)

From article <5910@homxc.ATT.COM>, by aks@homxc.ATT.COM (A.SEIDMAN):
> [ stuff deleted....]
> I have only received one response and I am posting it now.
> If anyone else plans to respond to my request, please post responses instead
> of sending email.
>
> Thanks,
> Aron Seidman

I *LOVE* MacMoney V3.02 ! They only problem I have encountered in 18
months of use is when you start a new year and want to reconcile accounts
whose statements span both the old and new years.

.....rob coben (Polymorphic Systems contractor to AT&T)

*** My opinions are my own; I am NOT affiliated with the makers of
*** MacMoney in any way except that of a satisfied customer.