[net.music] Ricky Wilson DEAD?

krossen@bbncca.ARPA (Ken Rossen) (10/23/85)

Is Ricky Wilson dead?

Karen told me earlier this week that something about the death of one of
The B-52's had appeared in the newsaper.  I ran through the names, and only the
name Ricky Wilson rang a bell with her.

She remembered reading he had died of leukemia or something.  Is this true?
Is it Keith Strickland instead?  I doubt it's Fred Schneider ... she knows
who he is.

Is there any future for The B-52's? (puns and flames to /dev/null, please)
--
Ken Rossen	...!{decvax,ihnp4,ima,linus,harvard}!bbncca!krossen
... or ...  	krossen@bbnccp.ARPA

kirsch@sjuvax.UUCP (P. Kirsch) (10/29/85)

In article <1578@bbncca.ARPA> krossen@bbnccp.arpa writes:
>Is Ricky Wilson dead?
>
>Karen told me earlier this week that something about the death of one of
>The B-52's had appeared in the newsaper.  I ran through the names, and only the
>name Ricky Wilson rang a bell with her.
>
>She remembered reading he had died of leukemia or something.  Is this true?
>Is it Keith Strickland instead?  I doubt it's Fred Schneider ... she knows
>who he is.
>
>Is there any future for The B-52's? (puns and flames to /dev/null, please)
>--
>Ken Rossen	...!{decvax,ihnp4,ima,linus,harvard}!bbncca!krossen
>... or ...  	krossen@bbnccp.ARPA

Yes, It was Ricky who died--she had cancer I believe.

--

Another wunnerful letter from the semi-intelligent rotting brain of:

                              Paul Kirsch
                              St. Joseph's University
                              Philadelphia, Pa

{ astrovax | allegra | bpa | burdvax } !sjuvax!kirsch

Warning: Objects in Terminal Room are Closer than they Appear...

krossen@bbncca.ARPA (Ken Rossen) (10/29/85)

I asked a couple of weeks ago if Ricky Wilson died following hearsay that a
B-52's band member had died of leukemia.

NOBODY answered me.  Of course it is possible that my article got drained
somewhere.

Someone must know what's going on with The B-52's --- they must make the
music papers now and again in Georgia.  I know there must be some Georgians
reading.

Someone tell me --- are they all still alive?

--
This is the space age.  Please don't worry.

Ken Rossen	...!{decvax,ihnp4,ima,linus,harvard,seismo}!bbncca!krossen
... or ...  	krossen@bbnccp.ARPA

krossen@bbncca.ARPA (Ken Rossen) (10/31/85)

In article <2475@sjuvax.UUCP> kirsch@sjuvax.UUCP (P. Kirsch) writes:
>     Yes, It was Ricky who died--she had cancer I believe.

Ricky was a man.  The women in the band were Cindy Wilson (his sister)
and Kate Pierson.  The Wilsons were (I think) two of the three native
Georgians in the band.

About four people sent me mail confirming this.  He apparently had cancer or
leukemia, as I'd heard.  How sad.
--

jcp@osiris.UUCP (Jody Patilla) (11/02/85)

> In article <1578@bbncca.ARPA> krossen@bbnccp.arpa writes:
> >Is Ricky Wilson dead?
> >
> Yes, It was Ricky who died--she had cancer I believe.
                              ^^^
>                               Paul Kirsch

	In a telephone conversation just now, Peter Buck of REM confirmed
that Ricky Wilson (who is MALE) died last week of lymphatic cancer.

--
jcpatilla