[misc.consumers] Easy money

darcy@druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) (03/23/91)

In article <1991Mar21.234834.7338@cs.ucla.edu> Mike Loving writes:
>In article <248.27e77f8b@mwk.uucp> tway@mwk.uucp (Bill Tway) writes:
>> [ Immoral and illegal chain letter deleted ]
>The one thing I have difficulty figuring out, is why would any of the
>poor schmucks whotake part in this put there name down as number
>10?  why not cross out #5 and put your name there?

Geometric progression.  The lower down on the list you start, the more
you theoretically get back.  In fact if you put yourself at the top
of the list you only get back $1 for each person you send it to.

Of course, the lower down you are the more chance of running out of
stupid people before your name gets to the top but there doesn't
seem to be much danger there.

This is not the right newsgroup to discuss this.  Follow-up to
misc.consumers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   There's no government