[sci.med] Drugs in our culture.

zdenek@heathcliff.columbia.edu (Zdenek Radouch) (10/12/86)

In article <329@alliant.UUCP> eaw@alliant.UUCP (Eric Woudenberg) writes:
>.... I am posting this a second time because I saw no responses
>and assume it must have been lost.

Don't worry, both articles made it all right. Here's a response.

>I think we are looking at drugs the wrong way 'round.....
>...My feeling is that ultimately we are unwilling to challenge western
>rationalism, the notion that only the knowable is valid and real.

I am affraid, that most of the net.med readers have subscribed to the newsgroup
in order to be able to enrich their KNOWLEDGE about the medical issues.
Sometimes, the discussion gets out of hand (some of us lack self control), but
most of the time (I hope) it relies on REASON. If we all started to contribute
with a notion, that even "unknowable" [sic] is valid, we could as well go back
to the woods.

zdenek

 Men are four:
 He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him;
 He who knows and knows not that he knows, he is asleep - wake him;
 He who knows not and knows that he knows not, he is simple - teach him;
 He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, he is a fool - shun him!

 zdenek@CS.COLUMBIA.EDU  or 	...!seismo!columbia!cs!zdenek
 Zdenek Radouch, 457 Computer Science, Columbia University,
 500 West 120th St., New York, NY 10027