[sci.med] The Pill

steimle@unocss.UUCP (Scott A. Steimle) (09/12/89)

I'd like any information from credible sources or personal experience
about the affects of the Pill.  Specifically, the affects on:

1) sexual drive & sexual interest
   (physiologically & psychologically)
2) hormone levels & what these changes in hormones do
   (physiologically & psychologically)
3) lubrication
4) stimulation sensitivity

In addition, any other reasons or causes of a lack or decrease of
sexual desire is appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who offer their knowledge/experience.

Scott.

greg@netcom.UUCP (Greg Bullough) (09/13/89)

In article <1658@unocss.UUCP> steimle@unocss.UUCP (Scott A. Steimle) writes:
>I'd like any information from credible sources or personal experience
>about the affects of the Pill.  Specifically, the affects on:

Run, don't walk, to your local library and find a copy of "Our Bodies, Our
Selves." Make sure you get a recent (within the last couple of years or so)
edition, as this kind of information changes as drugs evolve and research
progresses.

The book is an well-done text, by women and for women, and was originally
conceived in response to the medical community's paternalistic attitude
towards women in the 1970's. Besides being by and for women, it can teach
men a great deal at women are really about, physically.

Men who have women in their lives owe it to themselves and to those women
to learn from it.

Greg

abp@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov (Andrew B Philips) (09/14/89)

In article <2330@netcom.UUCP>, greg@netcom.UUCP (Greg Bullough) writes:
> In article <1658@unocss.UUCP> steimle@unocss.UUCP (Scott A. Steimle) writes:

None of this has anything to do with at least one of the newsgroups
included in the distribution.  Please only post to one news group.
You can do this by changing the 'Newsgroups' line in the headers.

:A--
= Andy Philips               = "Life is a fatal, sexually =
= abp@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov   =  transmitted disease"      =