[sci.med] Here I am again with another question

rk3h+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert J. Knapp) (03/20/91)

Hi, I'm the guy that asked about LSD and Manic Depression.  I have
another question.  I have a friend how is mildly dyslexic, and enjoys
the occansional trip (every other week or so...) my question may seem
silly, but can LSD make his disorder worse??  He spelling his
alternating more and more (e.i. one peice of work will have no
misspellings and the next will have every or every other word
misspelled.)  Could this be the natural growth of the disorder?

jeff@ics.uci.edu (Jeff Erickson) (03/20/91)

rk3h+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert J. Knapp) writes:

| Hi, I'm the guy that asked about LSD and Manic Depression.  I have
| another question.  I have a friend how is mildly dyslexic, and enjoys
				     ^^^
| the occansional trip (every other week or so...) my question may seem
      ^^^^^^^^^^^
| silly, but can LSD make his disorder worse??  He spelling his
| alternating more and more (e.i. one peice of work will have no
			     ^^^^     ^^^^^
| misspellings and the next will have every or every other word
| misspelled.)  Could this be the natural growth of the disorder?

Your FRIEND, eh?

@-)

--
Jeff Erickson    \  You understand everything when there is no longer
jeff@ics.uci.edu  \  anything to understand.

luther@uop.edu (Pat Luther) (03/21/91)

rk3h+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert J. Knapp) writes:

>Hi, I'm the guy that asked about LSD and Manic Depression.  I have
>another question.  I have a friend how is mildly dyslexic, and enjoys
>the occansional trip (every other week or so...) my question may seem
>silly, but can LSD make his disorder worse??  He spelling his
>alternating more and more (e.i. one peice of work will have no
>misspellings and the next will have every or every other word
>misspelled.)  Could this be the natural growth of the disorder?

I've wondered about this myself. Like you, I also have a friend (not
myself of course, I would never do anything illegal) who's enjoyed
the occasional trip and who never was the slightest bit dyslexic before,
but often reverses letters in words, or entire words when reading or
writing now.....

Has anyone ever heard of any correlation?
Any claims that this would be possible. I don't want to give PDFA and
any other thought police more ammo, but this net seems to be the
closest thing to scholarly research done on certain substances anymore....

					??pat
luther@uop.edu <-- I get NeXTmail!
How much is a one-way ticket to Holland?

alain@elevia.UUCP (W.A.Simon) (03/22/91)

In <27E6D2F9.7091@ics.uci.edu> jeff@ics.uci.edu (Jeff Erickson) writes:
>rk3h+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert J. Knapp) writes:
>| Hi, I'm the guy that asked about LSD and Manic Depression.  I have
>| another question.  I have a friend how is mildly dyslexic, and enjoys
>| the occansional trip (every other week or so...) my question may seem
>| silly, but can LSD make his disorder worse??  He spelling his
>| alternating more and more (e.i. one peice of work will have no
>| misspellings and the next will have every or every other word
>| misspelled.)  Could this be the natural growth of the disorder?
>Your FRIEND, eh?
>@-)

	ok Jeff, very perceptive.   But what about answering the question?

--
Alain - The Old Man of the Mountain
	    				        UUCP: alain@elevia.UUCP

colin@socs.uts.edu.au (Colin Panisset I) (03/28/91)

rk3h+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert J. Knapp) writes:

>Hi, I'm the guy that asked about LSD and Manic Depression.  I have
>another question.  I have a friend how is mildly dyslexic, and enjoys
				    ^^^
>the occansional trip (every other week or so...) my question may seem
	 ^
>silly, but can LSD make his disorder worse??  He spelling his
>alternating more and more (e.i. one peice of work will have no
>misspellings and the next will have every or every other word
>misspelled.)  Could this be the natural growth of the disorder?

  Oh, geez. Look at that - it must be contagious.

  Is this guy for real? Should this be posted to rec.humor.funny?

--
/      colin@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au || Colin Panisset || Oi! You!             /
/  All hail Discordia! <=> <- Meaningless symbol. "African or European?"      /