[misc.legal] devps vs. Transcript

In article <2796@vdsvax.steinmetz.UUCP> Bruce G Barnett writes:

>I don't have devps, but I have installed the recently released psfig (check
>comp.sources.unix). This allows similar things, but I have having to
>go through some gyrations to get the fancy stuff, like outlined fonts,
>downloadable fonts (I want the Berkeley Versatec Fonts), and the other

What is the legal status of these fonts ? Owned by Berkely ? Versatec ?
PD ? What ?

Yes, I read Chuck Bigalow's article, I'm talking about the specific
case where these fonts are converted to another machine form the
original binaries.

--
Richard J. Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the keys in my ignition..."