[misc.legal] The despicability of drug cops.

karl@ddsw1.UUCP (11/05/87)

In article <627@auscso.UUCP> johnm@auscso.UUCP (John B. Meaders, Jr.) writes:
>Hey Russell, you actually advocate cop killing huh?  I guess if you had
>need of a cop (like someone trying to kill you) and he actually helped you
>would most likely change your tune (even if it were only for a short time).
>You are a HYPOCRITE.  People like you moan and groan about the rights of
	   ^^^^^^^^^^--- WRONG -- see below.
>criminals until you yourself are a victim.  I hope you have no need of a
>cop, since through your advocation of their death you really don't deserve
>one.  And YES, narcotics agents are POLICE OFFICERS, they just have to deal
>with the dregs of society more so than other cops.  I pity you for advocating
>cop killing.

Okey.... Now you've touched a sensitive spot...

John, please read this entire article before responding.  Then read it
again, and again.  Maybe what I have to say will sink in.

First, let me state my prejudice.  I *have* been kidnapped.  You know, at
gun-point, the whole bit.  I have prosecuted the thugs which did the
despicable deed.  There never was a trial -- they 'copped a plea', as the
saying goes.....  The several hours I spent with a gun at my head gave me
quite a bit of first-hand knowledge.... an experience I would rather not
repeat, thank you.  Thus, *I AM A VICTIM*.

The POLICE were responsible for taking care of this problem (after the fact,
they're *never* there when you need them).  I *still* believe that drug
police (ie: narcs) are the lowest form of life around.  After talking with
several of these people for an extended period of time, I have not changed
my mind -- nor has the experience above done so, *NOT EVEN FOR A MINUTE*.
These guys actually think they can change the world -- that what they are
doing is *right*!  That imprisoning people, destroying their lives, and
taking their property, all for possessing or selling a little of the whacky
weed (or whatever have you) is not only justifyable, it is their DUTY.

Think about this, John.  I have been a victim.  The police did their duty,
they punished those who took action that *harmed another*.  The drug police
take action against those *who have harmed themselves*.  See the difference
yet?  While I have no problem with those members of the force who did their
duty in arresting these thugs, prosecuting them, etc., I *do* have a problem
with drug officers.  In my mind they have no right to take the action that
they do -- it's outside of my definition of what the proper role of
government, and government-sanctioned action should be.

Just because a narcotics officer is called a 'Police Officer' does not make
him/her equivalent to the officer who arrests and assists in prosecuting
kidnappers, murderers, rapists or burglers, any more than the person who
murders with a gun is equivalent to a 'hunter'.

--

Karl Denninger				UUCP : ...ihnp4!ddsw1!karl
Macro Computer Solutions		Dial : +1 (312) 566-8909 (300-1200)

alleng@killer.UUCP (11/05/87)

In article <9497@ut-sally.UUCP> turpin@ut-sally.UUCP (Russell Turpin) writes:
>In article <627@auscso.UUCP>, johnm@auscso.UUCP (John B. Meaders) writes:
>> Hey Russell, you actually advocate cop killing huh?
>
>Please read articles before responding to them. I did not
>advocate killing anyone. What I said was that there was no excuse
>for the way drug busts are made, and that those who participate
>deserve what they get.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doesn't really sound like you are too opposed to the killing of police
officers (although I admit that you don't really come right out and
say "kill a cop").  How are drug busts made, Russell, that would justify
the killing of a police officer (I assume "deserve what they get" does
not refer to giving a police officer chocolate cake)?  Please be
specific...

Are there any other "justifiable" homicides in your collection?

By the way, I agree that there are more appropriate forums for this
discussion.
--
                       / email: {ihnp4!decvax!killer}!sulaco!allen
        Allen Gwinn   -| voice: (214) 350-3337

tedrick@ernie.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (11/07/87)

->I *still* believe that drug
->police (ie: narcs) are the lowest form of life around.

It seems to me that the police have little choice in the matter.
My understanding is that they are basically just following orders.
You might argue that they should quit their jobs, but just as in
Nazi Germany there are always hordes of careerists eager to
take their places.

The real culprits are the legislators who make bad laws, it
seems to me. They have a real choice that makes a difference.

The police are victims of stupid laws just as much as
the rest of us are. They don't have much choice in the matter.

Legislators, who deceive us and burden us with stupid laws,
are the lowest form of life around, if you ask me.