[misc.legal] Eric M -- money where his mouth is ?

eli@lf-server-2.BBN.COM (Steve Elias) (11/11/87)

  hi folks,

  i sent the following to about 40 users of puff.wisc.edu :

  to whom it may concern,

  the following is one of many usenet postings allegedly from a student
  at the University of Wisconsin.  there has been some question as to
  the authenticity of these postings.  if the whole Mading affair is
  some kind of joke, there aren't many who are finding it funny.  in
  any case, the postings are offensive.

  this message is being sent to many users of puff.wisc.edu.
  please speak to the person who is posting these messages and
  ask him to stop.  thank you.

  steve elias (eli@bbn.com)

From: mading@puff.wisc.edu (Eric Mading)
Newsgroups: misc.legal,alt.drugs,alt.flame
Subject: Re: Incredible role reversal over Ginsberg
Date: 7 Nov 87 04:41:55 GMT

So Doug Ginsburg likes his reefer.  That doesn't suprise me, he is a
Jew.  I think Ronnie should tell this pot-smoking Jew to get his ass
out of the country and deport him to Israel, where he belongs.

Eric Mading.

These views definitely don't represent the University's.

eli@lf-server-2.BBN.COM (Steve Elias) (11/11/87)

	one of the people i sent my email to was a sysadmin at wisconsin.
	apparently, eric mading is a real person -- his accounts have
	been removed and we won't be hearing from him for quite some
	time, i think.