[misc.legal] The ladder lawsuit

gsmith@BOSCO.BERKELEY.EDU (01/22/88)

In article <2280001@hpcilzb.HP.COM> daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) writes:

>A train load of munitions would be a great catch for a terrorist
>group.

>With that thought, is it any wonder that train did not stop?

>If you were the engineer -- would you stop if there was ANY
>possibility that these "protesters" might really be terrorists?

  Considering how many of the hate Willson crowd complain that he
was stupid for involving himself in such a dangerous form of
demonstration, it is curious that so many of these same people
show such major stupidity themselves. This article, labled "food"
for thought, should be investigated by the FDA.

 To spell it out, which seems to be necessary with this bunch, if
there was a possibility that the protesters were really
terrorists, then running the train though at a high rate of speed
would be folly indeed. For instance, the terrorists might just
drive a car across the track and hope the munitions blow.

 But this is not the point, really--what I am wondering is what
warped view of the world could cause someone to think this
paranoid fantasy made any kind of sense, and was worth posting to
the net? I am finding out a lot about how deranged some of you
are, I say again. This seems to be for some reason an
extraordinarily revealing incident, a kind of social-political
ink blot.

>Food for thought anyhow--

 Learn to think yourself, then give us your food for thought.

ucbvax!garnet!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
"Without NNTP, the brahms gang itself would be impossible" Erik E. Fair