[sci.crypt] ECPA 1986

chod@gypsy.UUCP (10/30/86)

Well, Well ???

Don't leave me in suspense.  Did the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of
1986 pass or not?

magore@watdcsu.UUCP (M.A.Gore - ICR) (10/30/86)

In article <30400004@gypsy.UUCP> chod@gypsy.UUCP writes:

>Well, Well ???
>
>Don't leave me in suspense.  Did the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of
>1986 pass or not?

	Yes and signed with some last minute changes, the issue has been
well covered on net.ham-radio (At least I hope 'thier' sources are good :-)...
Follow up in that group for more info....

# Mike Gore
# Institute for Computer Research. ( watmath!mgvax!root - at home )
# These ideas/concepts do not imply views held by the University of Waterloo.

alanj@orca.TEK.COM (Alan Jeddeloh) (10/31/86)

In article <30400004@gypsy.UUCP> chod@gypsy.UUCP writes:

>Well, Well ???
>
>Don't leave me in suspense.  Did the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of
>1986 pass or not?

If it's the law I think you mean, it did.  I read about a law just passed
dealing with electronic mail &c. in (of all places) _Stamp Collector_.  I
don't have it here at work, but I will check at home.
--

	-Alan Jeddeloh
	Tektronix GTD

artm@phred.UUCP (Art Marriott) (11/03/86)

In article <2213@orca.TEK.COM> alanj@orca.UUCP (Alan Jeddeloh) writes:

>If it's the law I think you mean, it did.  I read about a law just passed
>dealing with electronic mail &c. in (of all places) _Stamp Collector_.  I

I'm glad to hear of the news being published SOMEWHERE!  Does anyone recall
another act of Congress with such potentially far-reaching effects on all of
us being passed with so little publicity??

                                                 tikal!phred!artm

Apathy? who cares?