[sci.crypt] journal discount?

joel@cs.rochester.edu (Joel Seiferas) (12/25/87)

     Springer's announcement of the new Journal of Cryptology includes
the following footnote:  "Special society rate available.  Please inquire
of society."  Has anyone done so, or does anyone somehow know which
societies merit what sort of discount?

youngb@pur-ee.UUCP (Bret H Young) (12/31/87)

In article <5520@sol.ARPA> joel@cs.rochester.edu (Joel Seiferas) writes:

>     Springer's announcement of the new Journal of Cryptology includes
>the following footnote:  "Special society rate available.  Please inquire
>of society."  Has anyone done so, or does anyone somehow know which
>societies merit what sort of discount?

I called Springer to find this stuff out a couple of weeks ago. Here is what
I found.

I talked to Mary Fugle at Springer Verlag. (212-460-1500)
The society they refer to is the International Association for Cryptologic
Research. She said if you are a member of this society then you can get the
journal through them (IACR) for $2?. (It was twenty something, I don't
remember exactly). For info on joining the IACR she said to write to:

Thomas A. Berson
Anagram Laboratories
P.O. Box 791
Palo Alto, CA 94301

She said the cost to join the IACR is around 20 dollars too.

Hope this helps.
				Bret

usenet:  ihnp4!pur-ee!youngb
ARPA:    youngb@eg.ecn.purdue.edu