[misc.misc] e-mail address

arnold@cod.UUCP (Harold B. Arnold) (06/24/87)

Can anybody help with a path or an address to Michael Orchard C/O the Electrical
Engineering Dept. at Princeton? I'm not sure he has a user-i.d., but I thought Iwould try anyway to get a note thru. He's a graduate student there. Advancethankx

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (06/25/87)

In article <737@cod.UUCP> arnold@cod.UUCP (Harold B. Arnold) writes:
> Can anybody help with a path or an address to Michael Orchard C/O the
> Electrical Engineering Dept. at Princeton? [...]

	Please note that virtually without exception, posting a note like
the above to the net is one of the most expensive and least efficient ways
to find out the desired information.  Given the amount of information
already known, it would almost certainly be faster and cheaper to:

	1) Look up Princeton in the phone book, call them, and ask for the
person you want.  This may involve putting up with N phone transfers, and
explaining your story to N people before you get to somebody who can help
but it will probably get you the information faster than waiting for a
reply from somebody on the net.

	2) Try mailing to the postmaster at the place you know your target
to be.  In this case, phri!princeton!postmaster should work.  Every site
*should* have a postmaster, but unfortunately this is not always true
(especially at smaller sites).
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016