[misc.misc] Please help stamp out nonsense in our lifetime.

Q2816@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Creative Business Decisions) (03/19/88)

In article <1600@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, wel@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Warren E. Lewis) writes:

>      I've just recieved some information regarding a little boy,
>   who users of the NET might be interested in helping.

Where did you receive the information from?

> David is a 7 year old boy who is dying from Cancer.

What's his last name?

> Before he dies,
> he has a dream of one day being in the Guinness Book of Records for
> the person who has had the most postcards sent to them.  If you would
> like to help David achieve his dream, all you have to do is send a
> postcard to David as soon as possible.

Here we go again, with the world's favorite hoax.  The last time this
one made the rounds, the boy was 11, lived in Scotland, and even
Ron and Nancy got gulled.

[Address deleted]

Oh, and what the heck does this have to do with ibm PC's?

I guess chain letters are a bit passe, that's all.

Roger Lustig (Q2816@PUCC.BITNET Q2816@pucc.princeton.edu)

Die Gedanken sind frei!  Wer kann sie erraten?