[misc.misc] no cars

orr@helios.toronto.edu (Bob Orr) (07/10/88)

I'm sitting here DYING of the heat ( 100 F ) . The paper says that
 Southern Ontario and the US Midwest is blanketed by smog, mainly
caused by car exhausts and coal fired power stations. On the other
hand, the brewers claim that they are increasing production. Can I ask
you all to stay home, leave the car in the alley, switch off the air
conditioner, and HAVE A NICE COOL BEER INSTEAD!

	An' Plant A Maple in Yer Garden

		Bob the Beaver

ksbooth@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Kelly Booth) (07/11/88)

In article <590@helios.toronto.edu> orr@helios.toronto.edu (Bob Orr) writes:

>I'm sitting here DYING of the heat ( 100 F ) . The paper says that
> Southern Ontario and the US Midwest is blanketed by smog, mainly
>caused by car exhausts and coal fired power stations. On the other
>hand, the brewers claim that they are increasing production. Can I ask
>you all to stay home, leave the car in the alley, switch off the air
>conditioner, and HAVE A NICE COOL BEER INSTEAD!

Read the paper again.  It also says that the price of beer is going to go up
because of the drought.  And the provinces are going to introduce "free trade"
in wine that will replace "foreign" (read this "drinkable") wine with wine
produced in all of the provinces, so you probably can't rely on wine coolers
either.