[misc.misc] CALL FOR DISCUSSIONS ON misc.emergency-services

vampire@philabs.philips.com (Rich Hemmer) (06/19/89)

	This is a call for discussions for a new newsgroup called

			misc.emergency-services

This newsgroup is for all emergency services, ie.  ems, fire, police,
etc.  After a posting to the fire and ems mailing lists, there was
strong indication that such a newsgroup would be beneficial.  So that
proper channels can be followed, this discussion will continue until 4
July 1989, when a call for votes will commence.  Those of you who have
already voted, I will  hold your votes.

This newsgroup will be for discussions of specific calls, situations,
remedies, problems, equipment, etc. that affect the emergency services.

ARTERY: uunet!philabs!vampire    or    vampire@philabs.philips.com
VEIN  : PL-B,345 Scarborough Rd.,Briarcliff Manor,NY 10510    CNS:914-945-6341
	PARAMEDICS STILL MAKE HOUSE CALLS....
						Better Living Through Chemistry

marks%ssdevo.DEC.COM@mountn.dec.com (06/21/89)

In article <56782@philabs.Philips.Com>, vampire@philabs.philips.com (Rich Hemmer) writes...
>	This is a call for discussions for a new newsgroup called
>
>			misc.emergency-services
>
>This newsgroup is for all emergency services, ie.  ems, fire, police,
>etc.  After a posting to the fire and ems mailing lists, there was
>This newsgroup will be for discussions of specific calls, situations,
>remedies, problems, equipment, etc. that affect the emergency services.
Sounds good to me.
I would especially like to have the newsgroup include discussions about
treating injuries and medical problems while in the backcountry,
where the liklihood of having extensive equipment or expertise is remote.
I would also hope that mountain rescue (which necessitates medical treatment)
would be included in the scope of this group.

	Randy Marks

heiby@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com (Ron Heiby) (06/24/89)

It might be worth considering that not all systems running the Netnews
software can handle an 18 character long directory name, which is what
would be needed with the current software implementation.
--
Ron Heiby, heiby@chg.mcd.mot.com	Moderator: comp.newprod
"Life is indeed an inexplicable sequence of imponderable surprises."